lundi 20 mai 2013

Portland

On the campsite, checking our emails, we found out that Norman, Urs, Jonathan, Louis, Sebastien and William (old friends from Whistler) were in Portland. We thought it would be a big party if we joined them and even the opportunity to take a shower! So we sneaked into their hotel room and had an awesome night in the karaoke pub.
The second day in Portland, we went to the visitors centre to be informed of the sightseeing tours. The two elderly people looked at us, laughed; and finally sent us to the most popular area in the suburb: Mississippi Street. Everybody is young there, they stay on the terraces for a happy hour, it looked very nice! Once there, we parked our van in front of a house with two guys on the balcony drinking a beer…
- What’s up guys, can I park here?
- Of course, you are fine!
- and can I even sleep here in the van?
- Hahah of course, just for that I give you a beer…

That was the beginning of a long evening hanging out with those funny guys on their balcony.
Portland is a wonderful city entirely made for bikers, and people are really nice and full of style.
Nick the host, even gave Rogier his shirt because he said: once you wear this shirt, it’s going to change something in your life…



2 commentaires:

  1. Hey this is really random that I found your blog. You came over to my house last night in Isla Vista. I live at the blue Whale House on Del Playa and then I saw you guys again at the 90s themed party. Anyways, today I was driving in downtown Santa Barbara and saw your van with the "Don't Honk We Are Lost" logo and the address to your blogspot. I thought it was interesting and when I got home i looked it up. I was shocked to see it was you guys! what a coincidence and a small world. Anyways, I hope you guys have an awesome trip. Live it up brothas!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hey man! So fun yeah that you also saw our van downtown! It was nice from you to let we come in your house! it was a nice party! Isla Vista is so amazing for partying! Good luck for your studies and enjoy!
    No worries for our trip, we gonna live it as crazy as possible !

    Thanks for your comment! See ya!

    RépondreSupprimer